HAPPY NEW YEAR
You crown the year with your goodness. And Your paths drip with abundance. Psalm 66:11
- If you wake up each morning, you are blessed to shine, to live and to serve in a new day.
- If you own a Bible, you are abundantly blessed – about 1/3 of the world does not have access to one.
- If you have anyone on the planet, just one person that loves you and listens to you; count this as a blessing.
- If you can freely attend a church without fear, then you are more blessed than over 1/3 of the world.
- If you pray today or any day, you are blessed because you believe in God’s willingness to hear your prayer.
- If you pray for someone else, you are blessed because you want to help others.
- If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head, and a place to sleep; all at the same time; you are rich in this world.
- If you have a friend who will pray with you and for you, you are blessed by compassion.
- If you have any earthly family that even halfway loves you and supports you, you are blessed beyond measure.
- If you attend a church with a church family where you can give and receive encouragement, you are blessed with the Holy Spirit of God.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, or some spare change in a dish someplace you are among the world’s wealthy.
- If you can go to bed each night, knowing that God loves you, you are blessed with a sense of your worth.
- If you try each day to imitate Jesus for even a minute, you are blessed because you show a willingness to grow in faith.
- If you can read this message, you are more blessed than about 1/3 of the world who cannot read at all.
- If you have never had to endure the hardship and agony of battle, imprisonment, or torture, you are blessed in indescribable measure.
- If you have a voice to sing His praises, a voice to witness God’s love, and a voice to share the gospel, you are blessed with the gift of joy.
- If you can hold someone’s hand, hug another person, touch someone on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
- If you can share a word of encouragement with someone else, and do it with His love in your heart, you are blessed because you have learned how to give.
- If you have the conviction to stand fast upon His Word and His promises, you are blessed because you are growing in assurance of faith.
- If you desire to live a life of gratitude, you are blessed beyond measure with the Grace of God.
May God Bless You in 2017 and may you desire to be his faithful servant.
Now read Matthew 5:3-12 and find out what true “blessedness” is – that serene, unassailable joy in Christ, that is completely independent of all the chances and changes of life. Amen
Rev Julia Jan 2017